Closed Captioning Settings
More and more educators are tapping into the power of digital media and technology for teaching and learning. The variety of information resources available ...
© 2010 WGBH Educational Foundation. All Rights Reserved. Brought to you by Verizon Foundation.
How Google Saved a School looks at how the introduction of laptops at I.S. 339 helped make a significant change in the culture of learning for both students and teachers. After watching the video, discuss your answers to the following questions:
- Do you agree that, today, access to digital technology is as essential as oxygen?
- Is it the teachers, or the technology, that make school improvement possible?
- Are laptops in school are just another technology toy for teens?
- Can technology transform failing schools?
- Is it feasible for schools to constantly monitor kids' use of online technologies?
- Do you think use of monitoring software on school laptops is an unethical type of spying?
FRONTLINE Digital Nation
This video can be found as part of FRONTLINE Digital Workshops for Parents and Teachers.